Is The Hill right for you?
We believe that fitness should improve your life outside the gym.
Gain back your confidence. Push yourself. Do things you never thought possible. Live fully.
Do it for you.
Do it for your family.
Do it for your career.
How does it work?
Take the first step to schedule your Discovery Session and we'll take it from there.
The Hill is a Functional Wellness Center with Personal Trainers, Group Fitness,Yoga, CrossFit, TRX, Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy, Chiropractic, and much more. At your Discovery Session we will help build a plan to suit your unique needs.
Schedule Discovery Session
Use the button below to schedule a time that fits with your schedule.
Meet A Coach
Here we'll talk about your schedule, goals, and a plan for you.
Start to Climb Better
Based upon your Discovery Session, you'll begin your journey to a fuller, healthier life.
A 5 Star Gym
Frequently Asked Questions
Must I complete an introductory program to join the gym?
We’ve kept very good data over the last several years. And the data showed us that an 1-on-1 introductory program leads to the best long-term results for you.
However, you can take any non-CrossFit offering without completing an introductory program. This includes: red/line classes, yoga classes, and any other programs that don’t involve more complex movements.
What's the process for getting started?
We try to make it as easy as possible to get started.
- Schedule your discovery session
- Meet with a coach
- Set a start date for your first sessions
How do the memberships work?
We have two main types of payment plans:
- Recurring: a monthly payment that occurs on the same date each month until you stop it.
- Sessions: a “punch card” of classes or private coaching sessions that expire after 3 months.
We have three main types of membership:
- Unlimited Group Classes: a recurring monthly payment that is good for red/line, CrossFit, Open Gym, and Specialty Courses.
- Small Group: a recurring monthly payment that is good for Semi-Private coaching. Similar to personal training but with a couple other folks offered at a steep discount. This is our best value membership.
- Private Coaching: We offer single sessions, 5 packs, and 10 packs that expire after 3 months. Available as 30- or 60- minute session options.
What's the difference between CrossFit and red/line?
The results are the same, but the structure is different.
- Incorporates more complex movement progressions.
- Focuses heavily on movement instruction learning how your body is supposed to move.
- Incorporates barbell and gymnastics movements.
- Is done in 1-hour classes.
- Is a 30-minute class.
- Does not involve complex movement progressions.
- Contains minimal movement and body awareness instruction.
- Does not require an intro program.
I'm an experienced CrossFitter moving to Kansas City. What are my next steps?
The first step for all new members – regardless of experience – is to schedule your discovery session.
At this meeting we can go over our program options, you can check out the facilities, and come up with a personalized plan going forward.
You can schedule these meetings up to 24 hours in advance.
After this meeting, a coach will give you a coupon code to take a complimentary class before moving forward.
Do I have to be in shape to start?
This is a very common concern for almost anyone trying something new for the first time. In fact, we’ve trained professional athletes and great-grandmothers alike who have all felt the same way.
The only way get over this fear is to just start! At The Hill we have an individualized on-boarding program called Fundamentals. Fundaments is entirely customized and completed 1-on-1 with a coach. If fact, you’ll even complete your first group class with your Fundamentals coach by your side!
We believe that no two people are the same and, therefore, strive to customize our programs for each athlete.
If you still feel you may not be in good enough shape, take a minute to read this incredible story: https://thehillkc.com/its-never-too-late/